IT Strategy and Planning
As technology continues to evolve rapidly and its strategic importance pervades virtually all aspects of operations and clinical care, healthcare IT leaders look to Impact Advisors to help identify industry trends and best practices, determine appropriate strategic options for their unique operating context and avoid risky decisions. As a partner in our clients’ journeys, Impact Advisors seeks to optimize the appropriateness, effectiveness and strategic value of each organization's technology architecture, infrastructure, application portfolio, IT governance and human assets.
Impact Advisors’ approach to IT Strategy and Planning is both visionary and pragmatic. While being sensitive to financial and environmental constraints, we leverage industry knowledge and experience to help clients gain an expansive perspective in planning endeavors, whether they are departmental or service line centric, enterprise-wide or extending into broader health information exchange.
At a high level, Impact Advisors’ IT Strategy and Planning approach is to work with IT and organizational leadership to:
- Understand the strategy of the business and the environment in which it operates.
- Assess technology and system gaps and opportunities.
- Define the infrastructure and/or application solutions needed to close gaps and further business strategy.
- Develop and gain executive and operational buy-in for a multi-year IT strategic roadmap.
- Address the governance roles and responsibilities required to drive the strategy.
- Identify risks and establish proactive mitigation strategies.
Impact Advisors’ Strategy and Planning Associates have worked across the continuum, from ambulatory care to hospice, in both the public and private sectors. Our Associates use proven methodologies and practical experience to help clients determine how technology can create business opportunities, streamline processes and increase the quality and safety of patient care.