The key to a successful system implementation is comprehensive project planning. This effort is complex and time-consuming and requires focus, resources and the deep vendor and implementation knowledge many organizations do not have internally or have yet to fully develop. Partnering with Impact Advisors allows clients to capitalize on our knowledge and experience while developing a realistic and robust implementation approach.
Pre-Implementation Planning typically consists of the following activities
- Developing the Project Charter and supporting documentation.
- Developing comprehensive project plans spanning multiple years, applications and/or sites.
- Assessing organizational, infrastructure and end-user readiness.
- Engaging executives and key clinicians in owning and supporting the project from start to successful completion and through system optimization.
- Providing project management tools and techniques to facilitate governance, communication, risk and issue management and progress reporting.
- Estimating Total Cost of Ownership for capital and operational budgeting.
- Modeling and planning for project/system Benefits and Return On Investment (ROI).