Impact Yourself Daily
To work effectively, the IMPACT framework has to be championed at all levels of the organization. The Impact Yourself Daily app is a tool to help track, measure, and reward daily commitment questions. Leaders are encouraged to take the “I” Pledge to show their commitment to and accountability for building a better culture.
Commitment: The “I” Pledge
Based on the concepts in Marshall Goldsmith’s book, Triggers, the wording of the “I”s are very intentionally based on measuring self-effort. Only one’s self can take responsibility for effort. By taking away any outside factors that can blamed for failure, the statements become self-motivating.
- Did “I” do my best to model the behaviors I wish to see in my staff?
- Did “I” do my best to share information and grow my staff?
- Did “I” do my best to share the stories that demonstrate the best aspects of our culture?
- Did “I” do my best to manage from my level and trust in my staff through empowered execution?
- Did “I” do my best to demonstrate the ethical behavior necessary to make staff feel safe?
- Did “I” do my best to communicate transparently to my staff and superiors?
Other more personal commitments may include:
- Did I do my best to be happy?
- Did I do my best to listen?
- Did I do my best to be thankful for what I have?
- Did I do my best to do or say something nice to my spouse?
- Did I do my best to meet my exercise goals?
- Did I do my best to learn something new to better myself?
- Did I do my best to eat well?
- Did I do my best to get enough sleep?
- Did I do my best to be engaged at work?
- Did I do my best to take my time and focus on tasks?
Impact Yourself Daily App
Through the use of a simple app (see features and screens below), a series of questions or statements can be scored for accountability and progress can be tracked (bringing in a level of gamification to drive success).
1. Start by adding questions.
Start by adding the questions that you want to the Add Question Screen.
Enter the text of the commitment question and set a score goal for a specified number of consecutive days.
- Select “Update” to save your question.
- Continue to add questions until you have added all of the commitments you wish to track.
2. How to Score a Question
To score a question, select the box next to the question and use the wheel at the base of the screen to give your commitment to that question a score from 1-10.
- To edit a question: select the pencil icon next to the question on the My Questions screen.
- To delete a question, swipe left on the question and select “Delete”.
3. Track Your Progress
To track your progress, select the “Graph” screen.
- Use the Arrows ( < or > ) to move through the questions on the top or through date ranges for that question on the bottom of the screen.
- Selectable arrows will display in the darker blue color.
4. Earn Awards
- Select the awards screen to see the awards you’ve earned. Every time you achieve the goal of a question, you will receive a Medal.
- For every 10 Medals you earn, you will gain a Trophy.
Finally, the settings icon can be found at the top right of the application.
- Settings will allow you to set a reminder and custom time for a reminder to score your questions each day.
- You can also clear all awards from the settings menu.