Regulatory Compliance: A Marathon, Not a Sprint…
The complexity of the CMS IT regulatory requirements (meaningful use, MIPS/MACRA) and ONC EHR Certification Criteria can be challenging to navigate. As regulatory audits become more prevalent, it is essential you have the right policies, processes and documentation in place to respond. Regulatory compliance is not a short-term project, but a long-term endeavor requiring focused resources and integration with key initiatives including Clinical Optimization and Analytics.
Ensuring Organizations Meet and Sustain Regulatory Compliance
Impact Advisors can help you understand and navigate the complex regulations and frequent clarifications from CMS and ONC. Over the past five years, Impact Advisors has worked with IDNs, specialty medical groups, critical access hospitals – even EHR vendors – on their uniquely complex regulatory compliance endeavors. We help plan the technical, workflow, training and reporting advances needed to meet and sustain compliance.
Our regulatory compliance engagements include one or more of the following activities.
- Assessment and Planning. Work may involve review of regulatory compliance objectives; assessment and recommendations for compliance-related workflow and training; and compliance reporting requirements.
- Program / Project Management. Impact Advisors helps clients design and implement a formal Regulatory Compliance Program. Scope often includes program charter, process, staffing, technology and governance.
- Subject Matter Experts. We can provide ad-hoc or recurring advice to your organization on compliance guidelines and interpretation/planning.
- Security Risk Assessment and Governance Assistance. Impact Advisors can assist health care organizations to identify gaps in IT security and develop plans to be compliant with HIPAA and other pivotal security regulations.
- EHR Build and Configuration Assistance. Our experienced regulatory team can assist with many facets of EHR configuration to meet regulatory requirements such as Clinical Quality Measure configuration, improvement activities, etc.
- Optimization. Once implemented, Impact Advisors can help hospitals and clinicians improve their performance on regulatory measures. Our teams assess an organization’s scoring, review workflows and documentation, and develop strategies to help monitor and improve scoring to help clinicians maximize their reimbursement.
Regulatory compliance can be a major factor in your clinical and revenue cycle implementations. Let Impact Advisors assist you with both initiatives.