Healthcare IT Security
Health Information Security Pressures Continue to Increase
Your organization probably has first-hand experience dealing with a major information security breach. A breach can result in fines; even worse, they can seriously damage your company’s credibility, even market position. There may be other IT security concerns including:
- Is our mobile medical record access truly secure?
- What is our organizational risk in a prolonged data center outage?
- Have our security technologies and processes kept up with new business models, particularly Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMHs)?
Impact Advisors Security Services: Context and Content Expertise
Trained, experienced IT professionals staff our engagements. Since we focus exclusively on healthcare, we understand its unique regulatory mandates and industry frameworks such as HIPAA and HITRUST. Our company is vendor-agnostic; regardless of your technology portfolio, we will help ensure information integrity and security.
While every client has unique security needs, our engagements typically involve one or more of the following activities.
- Risk Assessment. Our security services follow leading healthcare security best practices. The work is minimally disruptive to staff and systems as no technical configurations of production or test systems are impacted. Policies and practices are reviewed to ensure they meet CSF guideline and/ documented procedures. A compliance scorecard is generated, corrective action plans developed where needed and dashboards are provided to project stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Security Planning. Impact Advisors often assists clients with the security components of a healthcare IT strategy or architecture. We also facilitate vendor selections. All of our security services are based upon leading security and healthcare industry standards.
- Security Remediation and Management. Impact Advisors can help scale your IT leadership team, whether that is leading a major healthcare security remediation project required by Audit or temporarily managing IT security operations.