Digital Health Advisory Services
Charting the Path to a Better Patient and Consumer Experience
Impact Advisors offers a proven model for assessing and building upon your organization’s current digital health competencies. Our streamlined, leading-practices approach highlights your relative strengths and gaps that should be addressed for long-term digital health success. Whether you are just getting started on your journey or already have digital tools poised for scaling and driving adoption, Impact Advisors will help your organization identify and refine the strategic and tactical roadmaps necessary to deliver a high quality, differentiated experience for your patients, consumers and providers.
Step 1: Team Alignment, Education and Capabilities Assessment
- Digital Health Trends & Education Session
- Stakeholder Interviews
- Digital Health Capabilities Assessment
- Consumer and Patient-Centered Vision
- Leadership and Sponsorship
- Supporting Governance Structure
- Technology Framework
- Innovation & Partnerships
- Digital Talent Assessment, Acquisition, Retention, and Development
- Accountable Execution Framework for Digital Health
Step 2: Stakeholder Validation Sessions
- Share preliminary assessment findings and near-term recommendations
- Outline preliminary digital health roadmap
- Capture feedback and refine preliminary plans
Step 3: Digital Health Roadmap & Recommendations Report
- Present pragmatic recommendations for leveraging existing investments and supporting and scaling in-flight initiatives
- Share multi-year roadmap of programs/projects and supporting initiatives across high-value operational and technological domains that is tailored to your organization’s needs and current state capabilities
- Facilitate review and endorsement of the proposed strategy and action plans by executive leadership
- Define next steps for tactical planning and execution
Client Success Story
Charting a Digital Health Roadmap at Loma Linda University Health (LLUH)
Loma Linda University Health (LLUH) is a leader in the Inland Empire region of California, providing outpatient care to over 1.5 million patients per year in an area that covers nearly 25% of the state. It operates six hospitals, including the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the region, and plays an integral role in keeping the communities it serves healthy. LLUH continues to invest in its mission “to make man whole,” most notably with the new 16-story, state of the art medical center campus that is scheduled to open in 2020.
In preparation for the new campus’ opening, and as patients, especially those dispersed throughout the rural communities of the Inland Empire, increasingly sought care virtually, Loma Linda saw an opportunity to consolidate and scale its efforts to improve the digital patient experience over the past few years.
After a highly successful deployment of a unified electronic health record, the LLUH team began its journey by investing in several small pilots of digital health capabilities, including video visits, messaging-based e-visits, e-consults, and direct, web-based scheduling. Technologically, these projects were a success, but challenges were encountered in scaling them to a sufficiently marketable size and in tying them back to an intentional, consistent patient experience and digital strategy.
Recognizing the critical importance of the digital patient experience to its future and to the success of its Vision 2020 program, Loma Linda asked Impact Advisors to assist in assessing their digital health capabilities, drafting a unified digital health roadmap, and defining the optimal starting point for scaling its digital efforts.
Impact Advisors initiated a Digital Health Capabilities Assessment for LLUH, including over 20 interviews of key stakeholders (executive, physician, IS, and operational leadership). The Impact Advisors team quickly helped LLUH identify the right starting point for scaling its digital patient experience, as well as key leaders who could best sponsor and champion a unified digital health vision throughout the enterprise. Next, through a series of collaborative iterations, the Impact Advisors and LLUH team produced a multi-year digital health roadmap, supported by a series of tactical initiatives and rapid deployment action plans that would quickly turn strategy into execution.
After an enthusiastic adoption by executive leadership, the Loma Linda University Health team now has a digital health strategy that is cohesive, scalable, actionable, and most importantly, targeted to its critical mission “to make man whole, physically, intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually.”
For more information on this client success story, or for more information about the Digital Health Strategic Advisory Services offering, contact us today.