The most common challenge among healthcare organizations is the lack of a clear enterprise-wide analytics strategy, goals, or actionable roadmap. Without a clear vision of what you want to achieve, analytics often becomes an assortment of expensive, disjointed reporting tools with little chance of providing meaningful insights or value.
Common challenges cited by healthcare organizations include:
- Data distrust or lack of agreement on common definitions, e.g., length of stay
- Multiple, costly analytics applications that are not delivering ROI
- Analytics stakeholders work in silos or are not well-aligned across the organization
- Lack of resources, skills, or focus limits ability to execute on critical projects in a timeline manner
- Data governance is not mature and may be cumbersome or non-existent